THEME: “BECOMING AN EXCEPTIONAL PUBLIC SPEAKER AND BUSINESS PRESENTATION EXPERT”
COMMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS AT OUR FIRST ABUJA OPEN EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SPEAKING AND BUSINESS PRESENTATION TRAINING.
(1) Mr. Goke Ilesanmi has scored another goal for himself, thereby earning himself another trophy in our minds and hearts. He took us through Public Speaking Skills. He was eloquent, diligent and apt. It is only an expert or specialist that can do what he has done. With the training we acquired, surely, we shall make remarkable improvements in our chosen fields of specialisation and beyond. I won’t hesitate to be part of another training in the future.
-Mr. Hassan Dodo, Deputy Director, Federal Ministry of Information
(2) The course was conducted in an orderly manner. It paid key emphasis on the basics of Public Speaking and gave me the opportunity to learn a new approach to spoken words. Overall, it is recommended that anybody that has anything to do with the public should register for this all-important course. It was indeed worthwhile being part of this noble course.
– Lt. Commander Otuji Thomas Ogar of the Nigerian Navy
(3) The course was very clear and straight to the point. It has boosted my confidence and taught me the correct usage of the English language. I would like to thank Mr. Goke Ilesanmi for the very good work done. He should continue to train people not only in Nigeria but the world as a whole on how to become confident in Public Speaking.
– Mr. Jacob Augustus Bentum, a Ghananian with UNESCO
(4) This course is an eye-opener and a must-attend for career advancement. It was indeed a very remarkable experience to be there.
-Mr. Muhammad Sani Isa, author of “CRISISOLOGY: Charting a Course through Crises”
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
There are three things you need to sell yourself in life and reach the peak of success. These are: COMPETENCE, LIKEABILITY and LUCK. While competence and likeability will almost always deliver “luck” to you, one potent instrument that is very critical to your being able to advertise your competence and become likeable and “lucky” is the POWER OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION, especially excellent public speaking and presentation skills. This is why an average but articulate and confident candidate often outshines brilliant but inarticulate candidates at an oral job interview.
Employees: More than ever before, people are now being increasingly called upon to present their information publicly to co-workers, customers, etc. To get ahead, you must make presentation. Being an excellent presenter will enhance your business, career and social life.
Organisations: Organisations from time to time make presentations to existing and prospective customers to sustain and increase their customer base. This means that if your staff cannot display enviable oral (and written) communication skills, your business is paying the price in lost time, lost customers and lost revenues.
Politicians: As a politician, for instance, you need to master the art of effective public speaking and persuasive communication to succeed because you must be able to convince the electorate and even win opposition over during electoral campaigns so that they can vote for you.
Barack Obama: If President Barack Obama was able to win election without resorting to rigging, and became the first Black President in the United States of America because of his skills of logical presentation, didactic articulation and linguistic simplicity and creativity, then it means YOU TOO can achieve your goal in life through exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
Invitation: We, GOKMAR COMMUNICATION CONSULTING are therefore inviting you to contact us/register for our “EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SPEAKING AND BUSINESS PRESENTATION COURSE” in Abuja at 2, Euphrates Street, Artec Practice Building, off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja.
OBJECTIVE/BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
This course aims to enhance the oral and written communication capacity as well as linguistic proficiency of participants.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
*Prepare a presentation and determine the best or most appropriate oral delivery technique
*Overcome their psychological, physiological, linguistic and knowledge-level-induced fears; speak confidently and display exceptional oratorical competence during presentations
*Easily write persuasive business proposals and make winning business presentations
*Get their dream job and enhance their career with public speaking skills
*Master the techniques of effective motivational speaking
*Create decent, original, situational, intellectual and motivational humour to boost their general and business presentations
*Clear the cobweb of Nigerian English away from their (global) career or business prospects through mastery of correct usage of basic grammatical concepts
*Appeal accurately to the target audience
*Solve their temporary stammer/stutter
*Know the fundamentals of making presentations in different cultures abroad
WHAT TO COVER
PART ONE: FUNDAMENTALS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
Areas of discussion:
*Process of preparing excellent presentations for effective delivery
*Oral delivery methods
*How to use body language to enhance your presentations
*Building self-confidence/overcoming your fears
*Differentiating between anxiety and fears
*Overcoming your temporary stammer
*Connecting effectively with the audience/Enhancing your speaking engagement with humour
*Managing the stage effectively
*Handling the dreaded question-and-answer session with ease/How to handle a hostile audience
*Fundamentals of making presentations in different cultures abroad
*Rules guiding professional corporate and public humour
*How to successfully handle corporate events as an emcee/comedian
PART TWO: GENERAL PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATION
Areas of discussion:
*Sequence of general persuasion and persuasive speaking skills
*Enhancing your business communication with persuasive headings
*Proposals and how to write persuasive business proposals
*Written response to Request for Proposal (RFP)
*Letter and formal proposal structures
PART THREE: ORAL BUSINESS PRESENTATIONS
Areas of discussion:
*Advantages and disadvantages of oral (business) presentations
*Ordinary oral business presentations
*Sales presentations (including solicited follow-ups to Persuasive Business Proposals)
*Closing more consulting sales orally
*General technical presentations
*Oral response to Request for Proposal (i.e. Oral proposal)
PART FOUR: MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING SKILLS
Areas of discussion:
*How to become an exceptional motivational speaker
*Motivating your audience with appropriate and relevant humour and personal examples
PART FIVE: MASTERING BASIC GRAMMATICAL CONCEPTS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Areas of discussion:
*Clearing the cobweb of Nigerian English away from your (global) presentations
*Interpreting dictionary symbols (e.g. “U”, “C”, “V”, “N”, Prep”, etc.) guiding word usage to avoid grammatical errors in your presentations
*Mastering application of grammatical Indirect Speech and exceptional cases of its usage
*Using proper arrangement of words (Word Order) to achieve intended communication and response
*Grammatical voice and diplomacy of communication
*Mastering correct usage of various Tenses for accurate relation of action to time
*Communicating intended possibilities with accurate employment of Conditional Clauses
PART SIX: VOICE CONTROL AND STANDARD PRONUNCIATION SKILLS (DICTION AND ELOCUTION)
Areas of discussion:
*Enriching your oral presentations with effective voice control (voice modulation/vocal variety/intonation; depth and quality of voice tone)
*Holding the microphone confidently and using it to achieve effective voice control
*Understanding different sounds of English Language
*Right situation to use Standard British English pronunciation in Nigeria/second language environment
*Inaccurate pronunciation in Nigerian/second-language environment English and effects on stress; and non-usage of intonation to reflect level of cordiality, etc.
All your staff members that want to improve their public speaking, business presentation, motivational speaking, business language and persuasive communication skills.
DURATION: THREE WEEK DAYS OR ONE WEEKEND (SATURDAY AND SUNDAY)
*Lectures hold between 9a.m and 4p.m each day (including breaks)
VENUE: Your office
COURSE FEE: N150,000 per participant. However, the cost per participant will be pegged at the discounted rate of N100,000 (VAT not inclusive), if a minimum of 15 PARTICIPANTS will be attending the training. This cost per participant covers training materials/handouts and attendance certificate. After the training, participants will be inducted into our professional public speaking club that meets monthly for continuous education.
MODE OF PAYMENT: Pay the total agreed amount into Gokmar Communication Consulting Acc No: 1013548091 at Zenith Bank.
NOTE: Pay VAT. After payment, call or text your name, teller number and phone number to any of these numbers: 08055068773; 08056030424; 08187499425
You can also email your details to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
METHODOLOGY: This involves lectures, case studies and practical sessions.
CERTIFICATION: At the end of the programme, participants will be given a professional certificate of attendance. They will also automatically become members of our public speaking club.
100 PER CENT-REFUND GUARANTEE
Our excellent and dynamic consulting services thrive on 100 per cent-refund guarantee for clients that feel NOT INTELLECTUALLY SATISFIED; or think they have not really got substantial value for their money at the end of consulting or training.
MR. GOKE ILESANMI, Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria and Certified Management Consultant from the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes, is the Managing Consultant/CEO of Gokmar Communication Consulting. He also manages the online publication segment www.gokeilesanmi.com.ng as Publisher/Editor-in-Chief. Ilesanmi, former Acting Editor of Financial Standard newspaper and Columnist/Editorial Consultant at Business World newspaper, was also a columnist at The Nation newspaper, writing his popular columns Empowerment Clinic and Workplace Matters on Mondays; and Book Review and Business Communication on Wednesdays in the paper (The Nation).
Ilesanmi is an International PLATINUM Columnist with the U.S.A-based ezinearticles.com, an authoritative international online platform currently having about 500,000 international columnists, mostly whites, and has also won Best Columnist and Expert Author awards from ezinearticles.com and therefore inducted into HALL OF FAME on 8th October, 2010 and endorsed as an intellectual expert in 21 knowledge areas. He now regularly gets writing contracts from the USA and different parts of the world due to his competence, confirmed by his winning the multiple international awards from the USA.
If you Google Ilesanmi’s full name, that is, GOKE ILESANMI, you will get thousands of global results and comments on him, including that of LARRY JAMES, a renowned America’s guru of Networking quoting him (GOKE ILESANMI) as an international authority in his (James’s) article on Networking. https://networkinghq.wordpress.com/tag/goke-ilesanmi/
A former lecturer at the Ondo State Polytechnic (now Rufus Giwa Polytechnic), Lagos Campus, this Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria and Certified Management Consultant from the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes, also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Literary Studies from the University of Ado-Ekiti. Ilesanmi, a holder of Professional Certificates in Public Speaking is an exceptional Motivational Speaker and versatile Master of Ceremonies (MC). He is a member of the online international Professional Speakers and Seminar Leaders Group; Global Career, Life, Executive and Business Coaches Network; Harvard Business Review Group; Motivation Nation Group, among others.
Ilesanmi is also an exceptional motivational speaker; versatile corporate emcee; career management coach and corporate leadership expert.
A voracious reader, he has read dictionaries several times and reviewed about 2,000 books covering Public Speaking, Business Communication, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Public Relations, Marketing/Selling, Personal Effectiveness, etc., in his Book Review columns that have run for about ten years now in the Nigerian mass media and online.
Ilesanmi was consulted by the Anyiam-Osigwe Foundation in 2003 to edit some of its Lecture Series books containing the works of eminent figures such as the Right Honourable John Major, former British Prime Minister; General Yakubu Gowon, former Nigerian Head of State; Senator Bola Tinubu, former Governor of Lagos State; Professor Chike Edozien, the Asagba of Asaba and Professor (Mrs.) Joy Ogwu, former Director-General, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs. He was later commended by the Foundation Co-ordinator, Mr. Emmanuel Anyiam-Osigwe for excellent editing.
He was commended for exceptional brilliance in Syntax (Grammar) in 1995 by Professor Olu Olagoke, author of Incorruptible Judge and one of the foremost linguists in Africa.
A former columnist/editorial consultant with Business World newspaper, he now writes his popular columns Business Communication, Book Review, Empowerment Clinic and Workplace Matters in The Nation Newspaper, based in Nigeria.
For further inquiries, visit our office: Gokmar Communication Consulting, 2/4, Esomo Close, Opposite St. Leo Catholic Church Second Gate/White House Hotel, off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (0)8056030424; +234 (0)8187499425; +234 (0)8055068773
You can also visit our website: www.gokeilesanmi.com.ng for details about the training
COMMENTS OF PAST PARTICIPANTS ABOUT THE COURSE
(1) The course has been an eye-opener to my aspiration as a public speaker.
The course contents and delivery methods are highly impressive. Within the short time that I have spent, I have been exposed in my organisation, because, it gives me courage in my interactions. Without people being told, I am now the focus person whenever we have a programme. This stimulates me to read wide.
Mr. Goke Ilesanmi’s methods of teaching Public Speaking need to be introduced to those who have undergone Basic Communication Studies to enable them to perform effectively.
I therefore recommend that it is a course worthy of spending time to do.
-Lawrence Adekunle Ladejobi
Parish Secretary, St. Patrick Catholic Church, Ipaja Lagos and Graduate of NIJ, Ogba, Lagos
(Effective & Communication Studies)
(2) The course is really a guide to success in any career or profession. I will suggest the training should be regular.
Mr. Goke Ilesanmi, the Co-ordinator of this course is a Professor of Communication, a force to be reckoned with. So this course is recommended to all those who want to succeed in life, business or career.
-Ojewale Samuel, a Motivational Speaker and CEO, ASO CONSULTING COMMUNICATION (08090563882)
(3) I never believed I could stand up and speak in public without fear or being short of words. But I now speak confidently. Thanks to Gokmar Communication Consulting for organising this 4-Saturday “EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SPEAKING AND BUSINESS PRESENTATION COURSE”.
I strongly recommend this course to those of you still finding it difficult to speak in public. After attending the programme, you will never remain the same again.
–Mrs. Sowemimo Folake (08133218821)
(4) It is incredible! This is a University of Communication opened by the language and communication guru himself, Mr. Goke Ilesanmi to get the world out of the enclosure of public speaking and business presentation challenges.
After the course, my goal of becoming an exceptional Motivational Speaker has now been achieved because of the extensive motivational speaking training received during the comprehensive course. I advise those who want to excel in life to attend this multipurpose programme.
-Okechukwu Augustine (08033437277)
(5) This programme has brought out the action in me by helping me to miraculously eliminate my public speaking fear. I hereby recommend the course to anybody that is ready to achieve enduring career or business success.
-Tayo Ojerinde (07039662781)
High-profile participants such as a Military Group Captain; a Director in the Lagos State Ministry of Finance; a top official at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State, etc., who prefer to be anonymous for official reasons of privacy, have also attended, commended and recommended the programme.
Different comments from our in-house training at BD Consult, Magodo Estate, Lagos on Monday, 18th and Friday, 22nd June, 2012.
(6) You are exceptionally brilliant. How can one attain your type of competence in English Language and Communication? You need to find a way of educating as many Nigerians as possible on the shortcomings of the type of English we speak and its global implication. Please endeavour to write a dictionary and reflect some peculiarities of English spoken in Nigeria.
-MD/CEO (His number not included)
–Wole Afape (08034437122)
-Yetunde Falade (08032016954)
-Jay Kassang Odugbemi (07026014142)
-Olayiwola Tope (08023657504)
-Azeez Omotayo (08033311620)
-Peter Ikechukwu (08062968873)
-Oluwatobi Tiyamiyu (08023765268)
-Bolaji Abimbola (08032501921)
-Mosuro Adefela (08036024087)
-Obike Chidinma (08026700057)
(7) The Public Speaking Course at Gokmar Communication Consulting has evidently fine-tuned me in many ways. Having an avenue to learn the art of expression both publicly and formally remains an unforgettable experience. I am deeply satisfied with all that I learnt in the course. The course is presented in a very distinct way that sustains interest and enhances understanding.
-Biodun Hakeem Laaro (08138038032)
VARIETY OF OUR PUBLIC SPEAKING COURSES
(1)Effective Public Speaking and Business Presentation Training for Organisations
(2) Lagos 2-Day Open Public Speaking and Business Presentation Training (for Individuals)
(3) Abuja 2-Day Open Public Speaking and Business Presentation Training (for Individuals)
(4) South East/South South 2-Day Open Public Speaking and Business Presentation Training (for Individuals)
(5) Becoming a Charismatic and Influential Political Leader through Public Speaking and Effective Leadership Skills Course
(6) Boosting Your Ministry with Effective Public Speaking Skills/Multiplying Your Church Membership through Allegorical Preaching/Evangelism Style of Jesus Christ and Apollos (for Ministers of God).
(7) Exceptional Public Speaking, Public Relations and Crisis Communication Course for Pros/Corporate Affairs Managers/Information Managers
(8) Public Speaking and Persuasive Skills Course For Marketers
(9) Professional Public Speaking and Event Coordination Skills Course for MCs and Comedians
(10) Special Public Speaking and Speech Therapy Course for Stammerers
*Goke Ilesanmi, a Professional Public Speaker is:
*Columnist at The Nation Newspaper (Every Monday)
*Managing Consultant/CEO, Gokmar Communication Consulting
*International PLATINUM Columnist at ezinearticles.com
*Former Acting Editor of Financial Standard
*Former Editor, REFERENCE NIGERIA
*Former Columnist/Editorial Consultant at Business World Newspaper
Telephone: 08055068773; 08056030424; 08187499425
SOCIAL MEDIA IDENTIFICATION
(1) FACEBOOK ID= /goke.ilesanmi
(2)BBM PIN= 58C35B75
(3)WHATSAPP NO= 08055068773
(4) INSTAGRAM ID= GOKEILESANMI
(5)TWITTER HANDLE= @gokeiles2010
(6)LINKEDIN ID= GOKE ILESANMI
(7)LIKE OUR PAGE= Gokmar Communication Consulting
LAGOS OFFICE ADDRESS: 2/4, Esomo Close, opposite St. Leo Catholic Church Second Gate/White House Hotel, off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
ABUJA OFFICE ADDRESS: 2, Euphrates Street, Artec Practice Building, off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja.
ENUGU CONTACT OFFICE: 16, Edinburgh Road, Ogui New Layout, Enugu. NOTE: Ask of Mr. Daniel Ukwu.